Take off all of your skin, I'm brave when you are free. Shake off all of your sins and give them to me

I am sitting in a coffee shop. One of my favourite places to escape. To be honest I am experiencing a bit of an anti-climax. I finished my exciting, rewarding placement which I absolutely loved, leaving with a very good grade and positive feedback which gave me a sense of elation. It was actually my biggest achievement, the thing I am most proud of. So I left with a buzz, feeling very happy, knowing that I had not only learnt a lot and grew as a person, but made a difference to some peoples' lives. I had a passion for what I was doing. I know I am so lucky to have had such a positive experience, but now, a week later, I am back where I was a few months ago, before this experience. It feels a bit empty, and I don't really want to be here. I want to either go back, or move on. Do more. Too much has changed for me to just go back to how I was before. I need to do something different, even if it is something small. And I want to do something exciting, like go to a place I have never seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment