I'm up in the woods, I'm down on my mind, I'm building a sill to slow down the time


I'm leaving tonight, but before I go I walk to the woods. It is such a beautiful day; it feels like summer. When I came here it was barely spring. It has only been 10 weeks, but it feels like months because I have changed in that time. I am surpised at how sad I feel, how much I don't want to go. I will leave here as a different person to the one I was when I came here. Not significantly different, but more independent, more confident, more aware. I know that things will never quite be the same as they were before this experience, because I have seen a world that not many people have seen, and met people I will never forget. And the two other people I shared this time with understand it, I know that we will not forget it anytime soon. It's funny how things can change so significantly in a short space of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment